Frequently Asked Questions
What disinfectant do you use and how long is it effective?
We use an EPA-registered and approved antimicrobial product that sanitizes, disinfects and protects the entire vehicle, including interior cabin, A/C ventilation system, trunk and cargo areas. The cleaning solution is kid-safe, pet-safe, food-safe and approved for use on hard and soft surfaces. The solution also kills up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses and inhibits the growth of harmful odor-causing germs, bacteria, mold and mildew on both hard and soft surfaces for up to 30 days post-treatment.*
How much disinfectant solution do I need per vehicle?
Approximately 4 oz. of disinfectant solution is required to treat the average vehicle. Each product treats the estimated number of vehicles specified below.** Choose a solution based on the number of vehicles you plan to disinfect. Keep in mind that individual kits and touch up spray bottles can be great leave behinds for your customers and team members.
- 1 Gallon Disinfectant: Estimated 32 vehicles
- 5 Gallon Disinfectant: Estimated 160 vehicles
- 55 Gallon Disinfectant: Estimated 1,760 vehicles
- Individual Vehicle Kit: 1 vehicle
- 2 & 4-oz. spray bottles: Touch up front cabin area after a test drive or between riders for ride share drivers
How is the disinfectant applied?
- Individual vehicles kits: Our individual vehicle kits contain everything you need to disinfect a single vehicle. Small spray bottle disinfectant can be applied as a mist and a microfiber towel is included for pre-cleaning surfaces and wiping off excess.
- Gallon-sized disinfectant: For our gallon-sized disinfectant solutions, an atomizer or fogger is required to apply the solution correctly.
- Bulk spray bottle disinfectant: If you don’t require all of the contents of the individual kits and have your own supplies, we offer 2 oz. and 4 oz. spray bottle disinfectant in 10-packs and 100-packs. For high-touch points in the vehicle, each bottle can be used an estimated 6 – 8 times.**
What type of applicator should I choose?
We offer a variety of applicators and recommend choosing a version based on the quantity of vehicles you need to disinfect, where the primary service will take place and team member considerations. The applicators vary in quantities of vehicles serviced per fill, weight and how they are used.
- Our small atomizer is a portable handheld unit that services approximately 8 vehicles in one use (1/4 gallon of disinfectant).
- Our medium commercial fogger is a cross-body style unit that services approximately 32 vehicles in one use (1 gallon of disinfectant) and weighs 6.4 lbs.
- Our large commercial fogger is also a cross-body style unit that services approximately 48 vehicles in one use (1 ½ gallons of disinfectant) and weighs 9.3 lbs.
How long does it take to disinfect a vehicle?
Our solution sanitizes, disinfects and protects in 10 minutes or less and simply air dries after application.
What training materials are made available with purchase?
For gallon-sized disinfectant and applicators, you will receive a training video, manual and checklist via email once the shipment is delivered to your destination. For individual vehicles kits, video training and instructions can be accessed at ridekleen.com/how-to.
What Marketing materials are available?
Our gallon-sized disinfectant solution comes with branded rear view mirror hang tags to signal that the vehicle has been cleaned. Vin number and date of service can be captured on the tag. We also include a hang tag in each individual vehicle disinfection kit. For businesses interested joining PureProtect by RideKleen as an approved program partner, we provide you with the go-to-market resources you need. Contact us directly to learn more about a PureProtect by RideKleen toolkit for your business. Our toolkit includes display advertising, printed signage, window clings, stickers and more.
What are the active product ingredients?
Chlorine Dioxide; Quaternary Ammonium
What is the shelf life of the disinfectant solution?
2–3 years if stored correctly in the cool, dry place.
Is the solution water-based?
Where is the disinfectant solution manufactured?
The solution is manufactured and distributed in the U.S.